11 Best Platforms For Your Real Estate Social Network In 2024Nov 29, 2023
Thanks to the advent of technology and the prevalence of digital platforms, building a robust real estate social network has become paramount. At the very least, neglecting the opportunities presented by today’s most popular networks puts real estate professionals at a disadvantage. Consequently, a robust social network provides a platform for connecting with potential clients, collaborating with fellow agents, and staying up-to-date with the latest trends in the real estate market.
Whether you are a real estate agent, Realtor, or investor, harnessing the power of social media can significantly enhance your visibility and expand your reach in a market that thrives on person-to-person interactions. As a result, we’ve developed this article to explore the 11 best platforms for your real estate social network in 2023, highlighting their unique features and benefits for real estate professionals.
This guide will go over everything for the best social media accounts for real estate professionals, including:
- What Is The Best Social Media For Real Estate?
- 11 Best Social Media Platforms For Real Estate
- Benefits Of Social Media Platforms For Real Estate
- How To Choose The Best Platform For Your Real Estate Social Network
- Final Thoughts
What Is The Best Social Media For Real Estate?
When determining the best social media platform for real estate professionals, it's crucial to consider your target audience and marketing goals. With the ever-growing number of social media platforms available today, choosing the ones that align with your business objectives and investing your time in building a strong presence on those platforms is essential.
Observing what other successful real estate professionals are using is beneficial to identify the best platforms. To that end, there’s a clear frontrunner in the social media networks used by real estate businesses: Facebook. According to the National Association of Realtors’ latest Technology Survey, 89% of respondents use Facebook in their real estate business, beating out second and third place (Instagram and LinkedIn) by a wide margin. Most survey respondents (63%) also acknowledged that they primarily used social media to promote listings.
Facebook has become the best social media platform for real estate professionals because of its sheer volume of monthly active users (MAUs). With roughly 2.98 billion MAUs as of the first quarter of 2023, according to Statista, nearly 40% of the world’s population uses Facebook every month. From a pure exposure perspective, there’s simply no beating the number of impressions real estate professionals can make on Facebook with a simple post.
To be clear, Facebook is viewed as the best social media for real estate professionals because of how many people use the platform. However, that’s not to say real estate professionals can’t find success on other platforms. If for nothing else, social media isn’t a zero-sum game. Instead, the best professionals in the industry know that the best social media presence is the one that extends to every platform. The more platforms investors and real estate professionals can establish a presence on, the better.
11 Best Social Media Platforms For Real Estate
Building a comprehensive social media strategy involves posting across multiple platforms. While Facebook appears to be real estate professionals' favorite social media platform, it’s merely a starting point. Investors should, in fact, try to increase their presence on all of today’s most popular platforms, including:
With more than a third of the world’s population considered a monthly active user, Facebook is the real estate social network of choice for industry professionals. With its massive user base, Facebook, Facebook ads, and Facebook Groups offer various features and tools to help you connect with potential clients and enhance your marketing efforts.
One of its key advantages is targeting specific demographics and neighborhoods through its built-in marketing tools; this allows you to tailor your advertising messages to reach the right audience, increasing brand awareness, generating leads, and maximizing listing views.
Owned by Meta, Facebook’s parent company, Instagram is firmly entrenched as one of the best social media platforms for real estate professionals because of its visual platform. As of this year, Instagram has more than two billion monthly active users. And while it is nearly a billion shy of its Facebook counterpart, Instagram is still a great social media for real estate professionals to showcase captivating images that allow potential buyers to envision their dream homes.
Utilize the platform's visual appeal and advanced advertising features to generate real estate leads, expand your reach, and optimize your real estate marketing efforts.
According to Statista, worldwide Youtube users are “forecast to continuously increase between 2023 and 2028 by 263 million users (+30.29 percent). After the fifth consecutive increasing year, the YouTube user base is estimated to reach 1.1 billion users and therefore a new peak in 2028".
YouTube’s video-centric communication platform allows real estate professionals to showcase their businesses in a way other platforms’ algorithms can’t.
LinkedIn provides a valuable platform for real estate professionals to build a network of industry experts, such as mortgage lenders, brokers, and other professionals. It offers a higher lead conversion rate than other social media platforms, making it an attractive avenue for finding new clients.
Its active user base, particularly in the 30 to 49 age demographic, aligns well with individuals who are likely to be in the market for purchasing a home. Use LinkedIn and its B2B networking capabilities to connect with local realtors, exchange expertise, and expand your professional network.
TikTok presents a unique opportunity for real estate professionals to engage with a diverse and expanding user base through social media posts focusing on market trends. With its emphasis on content discovery and short, engaging videos, TikTok allows marketers to reach new customers and capture their attention organically with fun open houses or informative video sessions.
As the user base of TikTok continues to evolve, it becomes an ideal platform for real estate social networks. However, TikTok has been under constant scrutiny from U.S. regulators, who continue to threaten to ban the wildly popular social media platform. As a result, TikTok’s future remains in limbo, but the popular short-video platform still ranks as one of the leading apps in the world.
Twitter is a great social media for Realtors; it’s also a great social media for real estate agents. Most notably, Twitter offers unique benefits for real estate professionals who are familiar with hashtags and Tweets, informing them about industry news and trends while engaging with potential clients and promoting listings.
Although it may not be a primary lead generation channel, incorporating Twitter into a marketing strategy can yield positive results. While Twitter may not offer extensive advertising capabilities or serve as a primary platform for building networks, it provides a valuable space to stay informed, engage in industry discussions, and showcase expertise.
Pinterest presents an exceptional social media real estate opportunity to explore, as it is a discovery platform centered around visually captivating content and shopping experiences. Its extensive user base, inclined explicitly towards home decor and design, makes it an ideal platform to connect with individuals actively envisioning their dream homes.
Real estate professionals can curate and deliver valuable, inspiring, and highly shareable content to engage and resonate with their target audience by harnessing the platform's inherent visual appeal.
Snapchat offers a valuable platform for real estate investors to promote their businesses through captivating content. By sharing exclusive property tours, showcasing renovation transformations, and offering limited-time deals, investors can leverage Snapchat's ephemeral nature to create a sense of urgency and exclusivity for closing deals. This strategy appeals to younger audiences (like millennials and Gen X) and cultivates a special connection with potential investors.
Clubhouse is an exclusive audio-based social platform that fosters live conversations and relies on referrals. Users can join or create chat rooms, connecting with like-minded individuals in various interest categories.
Real estate professionals can explore industry-relevant categories to engage in specific topics—not unlike a podcast. Users can personalize their experience and access relevant content on their feeds by selecting interests and followers.
Nextdoor is a neighborhood-based social media platform that connects residents within a specific area, acting as a virtual bulletin board for local discussions and information sharing. It allows neighbors to communicate about lost pets, garage sales, community events, and local concerns such as HOA matters.
Real estate professionals can leverage Nextdoor to connect with the local community and promote their listings. By joining the neighborhood-focused app, they can reach potential clients actively seeking homes in the area, benefiting from word-of-mouth marketing and establishing relationships within the community.
A tremendous and upcoming social network for real estate professionals, NextDoor is underutilized and deserves your attention.
The newest addition to any real estate social network, Threads is Meta’s attempt to clone Twitter. Backed by Meta, Threads has officially become the most rapidly downloaded application, surpassing over 30 million downloads in just 16 hours.
And while the jury is still out on Threads, opportunistic real estate professionals can grab their fair market share of a new audience’s attention. With most people still trying to figure out how it works, those who proactively connect with their audience may receive a first-mover advantage.
Read Also: 18 Best Apps For Real Estate Wholesalers
Benefits Of Social Media Platforms For Real Estate
Most real estate professionals agree that the most significant benefit of using social media channels is the number of quality leads it can generate with relatively minimal time invested.
According to the previously mentioned NAR Technology Survey, “The top three tech tools that have given respondents (or their agents) the highest number of quality leads in the last 12 months were: social media (46 percent), their local MLS (30 percent), and customer relationship management (CRM) (26 percent).”
In addition to serving as a quality lead generator, however, social media has also developed a reputation for the following benefits:
- Increased Brand Awareness: The best social media platforms for the top real estate professionals promote brand visibility. By crafting compelling content and distributing it across social media platforms, real estate businesses can expand their reach and captivate a wider audience, ultimately drawing in prospective clients.
- Improved Customer Engagement: Social media platforms offer real estate professionals the ability to connect with their customers in real-time, facilitating immediate engagement and interaction. By promptly addressing inquiries and feedback, businesses can cultivate more robust client relationships, establishing trust and fostering long-term loyalty.
- Cost-Effective Marketing: Social media marketing presents a cost-effective approach for the best real estate businesses to promote their services effectively. In contrast to traditional marketing tips and tricks, social media marketing offers the advantage of reaching a broader audience at a significantly lower cost, allowing businesses to optimize their marketing budget and achieve maximum visibility.
- Targeted Advertising: Social media platforms provide powerful targeting features that enable real estate businesses to concentrate their marketing endeavors on specific demographics. Thanks to Big Data, companies can customize their marketing messages to resonate with individuals who are highly interested in their services.
- Increased Website Traffic: Real estate business pages can effectively drive website traffic with high-quality content. This strategic approach allows companies to attract potential clients, generate valuable leads, and ultimately increase conversions.
- Building A Broader Network: Sharing informative content and following valuable accounts facilitate the exchange of insights and contribute to professional growth in the real estate community. Through these efforts, real estate professionals can leverage social media to expand their reach, build credibility, and forge valuable connections with a critical audience.
- Establishing Brand Reputation And Trust: Social media platforms give real estate businesses a powerful platform to highlight their achievements and establish themselves as industry authorities. Businesses can cultivate trust, enhance their credibility, and forge a robust brand reputation by creating valuable and compelling content.
How To Choose The Best Platform For Your Real Estate Social Network
When choosing the best platform for your real estate social network, it's important to focus on quality over quantity. Instead of spreading yourself too thin across numerous platforms, concentrate on building a solid presence on the best platforms, making sure to complement the shortcomings of each.
Additionally, consider the following factors when choosing your real estate social network:
- Engaged Users: When selecting social media platforms for your real estate network, prioritize those with a significant user base actively engaged in real estate. Seek out platforms where you can establish connections with an audience that is genuinely interested in the real estate industry and aligns with your target market. By focusing on platforms with an existing community of engaged users, you can maximize the effectiveness of your social media efforts and ensure that your message reaches the right people.
- User Demographics: When choosing social media platforms for your real estate network, consider the average age of users and ensure it aligns with your target audience. Look for platforms catering to demographics that closely match your ideal clients, whether you target first-time homebuyers, luxury house shoppers, or other specific segments. By selecting platforms that resonate with your target audience, you can effectively tailor your content and engage with users most likely interested in your real estate services.
- Geographic Relevance: Consider the platform's geographic coverage and local engagement. Choosing platforms with a substantial presence in your target market area is essential. Doing so can maximize your reach and engagement within the local community, effectively connecting with potential clients and establishing your brand as a trusted local resource in the real estate industry.
- Real Estate-Friendly Features: Opt for platforms designed to support real estate professionals. Look for platforms that offer user-friendly interfaces conducive to showcasing images and visuals related to your listings. Additionally, prioritize platforms that provide advertising and posting advantages, allowing you to promote your properties and reach a wider audience effectively.
Remember, the goal is to increase social media engagement, generate new leads, and attract new business. Focus on platforms that can effectively help you achieve these objectives, ensuring that your social media efforts contribute to the growth and success of your real estate business.
Attend our FREE training at Real Estate Skills. Gain insider knowledge, expert strategies, and essential skills to make the most of every real estate opportunity that comes your way.
Real Estate Social Network FAQ
Below are frequently asked questions and answers regarding social media for real estate professionals:
Does Social Media Work For Real Estate?
Yes, social media is highly effective for real estate. It enhances brand awareness, expands reach, generates new leads, fosters networking, allows targeted advertising, and is cost-effective.
Most platforms are free, with optional paid promotions.
What Social Media Do Realtors Use Most?
Social media platforms Realtors primarily use are Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, with 97% of them choosing Facebook, followed by LinkedIn (59%) and Instagram (39%).
What Is The Best Social Media For Real Estate Agents?
The best social media platforms for real estate agents are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. Each platform offers unique features suitable for various aspects of real estate marketing and client engagement.
What Are The Advantages Of Social Media For Real Estate?
The advantages of social media for real estate include increasing brand visibility, reaching a wider audience, effective lead generation, valuable networking opportunities, targeting specific client demographics, and cost-effective marketing.
Social media platforms offer diverse ways to connect with both potential and past clients, as well as other real estate professionals.
Final Thoughts On Real Estate Social Networks
The diverse range of social media content available in 2023 provides real estate professionals ample opportunities to connect, engage, and grow their networks. By strategically utilizing the best platforms, professionals can expand their reach, showcase their expertise, and cultivate valuable relationships in the dynamic world of real estate. Those who take the time to build a real estate social network on these social media sites should find the time they invest worthwhile.
At Real Estate Skills, our team of experts is ready to walk you through the steps it takes to build a real estate social network. We're committed to providing the knowledge, resources, and support you need to navigate the best social media platforms for real estate investors. So avoid common mistakes and maximize your returns by leveraging our expertise.